THE DRAGONS HEAD
- An immigrant from China builds a business empire
- Rice and cement – what connection could there be?
- First contact with the OSS
- 3000 US$ for the whole of Patpong
- What does a Dragon’s head have to do with it?
THE VIETNAM WAR
The Legend of
- Tony Poe, the real-life Colonel Kurtz in “Apocalypse Now” ?
- Leader of tribes, collector of cut-off ears
- CIA and Air America set up shop in Patpong
- Opium trade in the Vietnam War
Todays Patpong take Form
Rick Menard +
- The Grand Prix Lounge + Bar opens in 1969 – the first Go-Go Bar in Asia
- Bob Hope, Don King and Willem Dafoe and others show up – what’s the secret?
- Patpong grows – more “naughty” shows appear
- The inner workings of the streets and houses of Patpong
A super star falls in love with a Superstar
- David Bowie’s legendary visit to Bangkok and Patpong in 1983
- Did he get lost in Go-Go Land?
- Patpong becomes a brand name, the “fun” place to visit while in Bangkok
- The motto: Sex, Drugs and Rock + Roll
- More Go-Go’s, bars, discos and clubs open in the now 3 streets of Patpong
Thai Style a Go-go
- The difference between Western and Thai style ‘A Go-Go’
- The Styles of Go-Go
- Have a drink in a replica of Bangkok’s first Go-Go Bar, “Grand Prix”
- Go-Go girls from the 70’s to today
Patpong Deepest Secret
The XXX Side
- Patpong’s dark and secret underbelly –
- What do snakes, fish, birds and razor blades have in common?
- Experience a kind of “Ping Pong show”